From August 1, 2009-July 31, 2010 I am going to engage in the following behaviors and measure the impact they have on my personal happiness and growth and development: 1. I want to take a leap of faith and pay a FULL tithe and a generous fast offering. 2. I want to read my scriptures daily and have personal morning and evening prayer (and really talk to my HF). 3. I want to magnify my calling as seminary teacher and ward music chairman. 4. I want to obtain, store, and rotate my year's supply. 5. I want to attend the temple at least 2X a month and try for weekly visits. 6. I want to write in my journal/track my personal progress at least once a week. 7. I want to complete the Young Women's personal progress program. 8. I want to exercise daily, eat healthy foods, and get enough rest. At the end of the year I want to report on how the above activities have impacted my personal feelings about faith, hope, and charity, and which activities, if any, have brought me closer to the Savior. To a challenging (and hopefully fulfilling) year. **I understand that I may fall short and may not accomplish everything that I set out to do, but that is where living the "atonement-based" life comes in and I will just pick myself up and keep moving forward. Thanks for being an important part of my life. I am grateful for your good influence. Julie |
Explore faith, single-motherhood, cultural diversity, and political musings along with me as I share random thoughts from my life's journey. I would love to hear about your road less travelled.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Living a covenant-based and atonement-based life "experiment"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Julie, I found your blog from a comment on one of my T&S posts. Would you contact me?
smitham@alphasmith.com
Post a Comment