Explore faith, single-motherhood, cultural diversity, and political musings along with me as I share random thoughts from my life's journey. I would love to hear about your road less travelled.
It spurred me to "splurge" on some used books from Amazon and start my year long quest to know more. My reading list is as follows:
All four of the standard works and at least one good commentary on each. At least one Bible commentary you choose must be written by a non-Mormon. It goes without saying that you will have thoroughly read the conference issues of the Ensign for at least the last 5 years.
Richard Bushman, Joseph Smith and the Beginnings of Mormonism (bonus points for reading Rough Stone Rolling instead) Leonard Arrington, The Mormon Experience Jan Shipps, Mormonism Anderson & Beecher, Sisters in Spirit and/or Claudia Bushman et al., Mormon Sisters Thomas Alexander, Mormonism in Transition and/or Armand Mauss, The Angel and the Beehive
3 comments:
Cheers, that was a nice read.
Hey, now I can quote Bushman as needed whenever I get cranky:
"As long as we're all polite to one another, there isn't going to be true understanding."
Check out this post at www.timesandseasons.org
http://www.timesandseasons.org/?p=3911#more-3911
It spurred me to "splurge" on some used books from Amazon and start my year long quest to know more. My reading list is as follows:
All four of the standard works and at least one good commentary on each. At least one Bible commentary you choose must be written by a non-Mormon. It goes without saying that you will have thoroughly read the conference issues of the Ensign for at least the last 5 years.
Richard Bushman, Joseph Smith and the Beginnings of Mormonism (bonus points for reading Rough Stone Rolling instead)
Leonard Arrington, The Mormon Experience
Jan Shipps, Mormonism
Anderson & Beecher, Sisters in Spirit and/or Claudia Bushman et al., Mormon Sisters
Thomas Alexander, Mormonism in Transition and/or Armand Mauss, The Angel and the Beehive
I will try and post updates as I learn.
I'll look forward your updates.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
--George Orwell
Post a Comment