Explore faith, single-motherhood, cultural diversity, and political musings along with me as I share random thoughts from my life's journey. I would love to hear about your road less travelled.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
The Gift of Friendship
I have always admired humble individuals from all religious (or non-religious) paths....who, with no thought of themselves, power, position, or agenda quietly live their lives and serve those around them. I have been blessed in my life to have several amazing examples of just such people. One of these is a former Bishop from my youth. He was never my Bishop because he presided over the adjoining ward, but he still influenced my life. As an adult--thanks to the merging of the two wards--I have had the opportunity, when visiting, to see more of him and his family. They continue to be examples to me of authentic and genuine friendship. Recently, as I struggled to deal with some transitions in my life, he was a great sounding board....and this humble man, who to the best of my knowledge has worked as a custodian all of his life...was able to lift my spirits during our conversation. He was able to touch on all the areas of which I was concerned and was able to give me a greater perspective of who I really am and what truly lies ahead. I am so grateful for those in my life who "accept me as I am but still gently invite me to grow". I hope to become more like them and offer the same love and acceptance to those in my circle of influence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment