Monday, February 18, 2008

The Ten-Year Itch

I have decided that I am stale.  A small, dried-up cog in the big machine.  Now, there is nothing wrong with being a cog....being a cog enables me to put a roof over the head of my children, provide them with a good education, and keep them fed and clothed.  But I don't like the feeling of stale redundancy and I would at least like to be a cog with a little more flavor.  I want to shake things up! 
 
St. Louis continues to grow smaller and smaller and I yearn for a new landscape.  I would love to sell everything but the essentials, pack it all up and start over in a new city...OR find a job where I am traveling and constantly meeting new people and seeing new places...
 
At the moment, I would love to work for someone like Heifer International  www.heifer.org and feel like I am making a real difference.
 
No worries....I have no intention of packing it in until the boys finish school....but it does my mind good to dream once in awhile.
 
If you could embark on a new adventure, what would it be?
 
 

3 comments:

KJA said...

Where would you like to move to?

Papa D said...

This is Ray. Wrong place for this, but my wife posted something this week that you might find interesting:

http://www.mormonmomma.com/index.php/2008/walking-by-faith/

In case that doesn't link properly, I am including it in two pieces that you can copy and put together:

http://www.mormonmomma.com/index.php/
2008/walking-by-faith/

Julie said...

Thanks Ray....that was beautiful and a good reminder of how much hope I can feel when I, too, am striving to "walk towards my Savior."