It is interesting how you can know, intellectually, that you need to slow down, take a breath, gain some perspective, etc... and then something happens that forces you to wake up! and pay attention!
It seems like this last month has been a blur of activity and the days and weeks just spin by faster and faster. I kept feeling like I needed to slow down and then today....smack! Mother Earth sent me the message to SLOW DOWN!
I was literally running late to work and was walking quickly across the parking lot when I ended up face-down on the sidewalk. The wind was knocked out of me and I have bumps and bruises, but fortunately nothing "broken" except my pride :-)
So....here is to slowing down.....taking a moment....leaving some extra time in my schedule...and paring down my life.
3 comments:
Julie, this is Ray (from Times and Seasons). The thought struck me that there is a group of LDS blogging women in my ward who often address what you mention in this particular post. It has been a wonderful blessing for them, and they would welcome you with open arms. Each of their blogs are linked on my wife's blog - mamadehotel.blogspot.com - under "Blogs of Fantastic Friends". I would suggest you check it out.
Also, I have some posts on my own blog about grace and burdens and similar topics. Feel free to check it out, as well - thingsofmysoul.blogspot.com
Sorry, Julie; forgot to add that the most relevant posts on my blog, if you want to read them, probably are "Carrying His Load" (Nov. 11) and "Embracing Grace" (Nov. 7).
“What would happen if we started to live inside our religion the way we were intended to live? What if we were allowed to be completely visible? What if we were allowed to admit our sins and shortcomings? What if we started to tell the truth about ourselves at all of our meetings? What if we let love and truth be the motto of our religion instead of secrets, guilt, lies, and looking good?”
-- http://www.motleyvision.org/?p=344#comments
Post a Comment